Kingdom of Heaven
AIM: What is the “Kingdom of Heaven”? Why is this message so important for us today?
Three of the greatest men who ever lived preached the same message - The Kingdom! John the Baptist, Jesus Christ, Apostle Peter.
1. What is the Kingdom?
[Kingdom of Heaven & God] same!
61 times with 85 parallels
Gk Basileival [rule & reign of a king]
God’s government ruling & reigning over your life. It’s doing things God’s way.
We live under the Australian Government and obey the rules and reap the benefits but when we were saved you came under another government - the Government of God.
Jesus was giving us a glimpse of heaven on earth. He showed that supernatural laws super-cede natural ones:
Deliverance – “If I cast out demons, surely the Kingdom of God has come upon you” Luke 11:20
Raising the dead
Calming the storm
2. Why is this message so important today?
Because it’s mankind’s only answer.
Salvation is only through Jesus Christ.
We need the Power of the Holy Spirit to anoint our Speech & Preaching.
The Kingdom Steps
1. Matthew 4:17 – Preach the Kingdom.
2. Matthew 13:11, Matthew 6:33, John 3 – Kingdom is hidden until salvation.
3. Luke 17:20-21 - Kingdom of God is within you.
4. 1 Chronicles 29:10-12, Proverbs 22:4, Romans 14:17 – Kingdom promises.
5. Galatians 5:16-21 – Who will not inherit the Kingdom.
6. Luke 9:62 – Kingdom warning (Don’t look back)
7. Hebrews 12:28 – What must we do with the Kingdom.
“From that time Jesus began to preach, crying out, Repent [change your mind or the better, heartily amend your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins] for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” Amplified
“From that appointed time Jesus began to preach [call attention to truth] and to say, Repent [change your mind towards God, Man and Life] for the Kingdom [God’s government, rule & reign] has now come” Theological