Power of the Cross & Resurrection
AIM: The power of the Christian Faith is the reality of the Cross and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Sin was defeated on the Cross and Life is given by the Resurrection.
Things you must know about the Cross and Resurrection!
1. YOU ARE ALIVE TODAY TO DISCOVER & FULFIL YOUR DESTINY - Heb 12:2
a) Lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us.
- Those things which hinder your destiny (Sadness, anger, un-forgiveness etc)
- The healing and deliverance ministry of Jesus Christ.
b) Run with endurance the race that is set before us.
- The race that leads to our eternity
- Man is in a hurry because we know time is running out
2. YOUR SIN WAS WIPED AWAY ON THE CROSS - Colossians 2:14
- The death of Jesus Christ is an historical fact.
- You have 2 choices either to reject it’s authenticity or except it’s reality.
- Mankind’s problem is a sin problem requiring a saviour.
- Your sin was blotted out.
- The greatest sin is unbelief in your Creator.
The 10 Commandments reveal sin and condemns you (I’m in trouble)
The Cross of Jesus Christ reveals forgiveness and saves you (I’m free)
3. THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST MAKES HIM SAVIOUR - 1 Cor 15:1
- ‘...I may know Him and the power of His resurrection’ Philippians 3:10
- His resurrection givens me confidence in my faith that I will rise again.
- Romans 8:11
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is man’s only way for salvation.